V3 Dashboard uses Github Actions for CI/CD. Currently there are 2 workflows.
- Workflow to deploy docs site
- Workflow to run unit tests
Both are under
This one requires a secret key to be set up to allow github actions to deploy the doc site.
- Use Git Bash and run
- This will, on windows, create it at
- DO NOT enter a passphrase.
- Remember to keep track of the file names created, by default they are
id_rsa.pubfor the public key and
id_rsafor the private key, the file names are important later on.
- Go to the deploy keys section in the settings of the repo here and add the public key file of
id_rsa.pub. For the key name put the file name without the extension and check the box for write access. Like so
- Then go to the secrets tab and a new secret called
GH_PAGES_DEPLOYwith its value as the private key file
id_rsa. Like so.
If the github action workflow is set up correctly, everything should run fine.
This requires that the mongoURI be set up. Going here and entering the mongoURI as
MONGO_URI. The value is
mongodb://localhost:27017 which means connect to the local mongoDB instance which the workflow sets up, however perhaps later a cloud mongodb could be used